Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

22/366... Slow going and Baseline at CrossFit

Hello there. If you read my post earlier today-I really thank you. Apparently it got some attention because it had a lot of hits... in a FAST time frame... if you are one of those who commented <3 thank you and I love you too!

On to the rest of the day. I woke up feeling kinda sniffly. I did sleep last night, however, but woke up at 830am feeling SPLENDID (other than sniffles and itchy throat) and just wasn't sure how I could be so awake.

Ben and I figured out that the culprit was a scented oil diffuser (is that what they are called? with the pretty jar and the reeds?) I got it for Christmas and Ben set it up the other day when we cleaned... apparently it got to me in my sleep. I did not feel well at all. Very crummy-I wish that I didn't have the reaction to scents that I have but it is what it is... I am the reason your office is a "Scent Free Zone" I will take the blame-that's fine. :)

So I went to CrossFit this morning and did my baseline. I think I should say, "I attempted to do my baseline." If you don't know what the baseline is it is like your first *workout* at crossfit to see where you stack up... 500m row, 40 squats, 30 situps, 20 push ups and 10 pull ups. I made it through the first 4 ... by the pullup part I was at 14:30 mins and was about to faint. My trainer told me to take a break... when she asked if I had eaten... I realized I had not... at least not much. So... rule of this story... eat before you WOD. I am going back Thursday for the noon class. I am thinking 2x/wk for a few wks then boost it up to 3x/wk. I am excited to get going on it again but I would be lying if I said that I was not disappointed in myself. It is really hard to start back from the beginning-from worse than the beginning. Ben told me let this be a message to ourselves not to let this happen again-and I think he is right. The only way I can look now is forward. The best option is for me to be able to respect that this is where I am starting... whether it be starting over or not... this is a beginning and beginnings are not easy, especially when it comes to starting a new lifestyle change.

 Thanks Mims... this pic fits perfectly!

So then I got home and we had Primal Fuel (Vanilla) with whole organic local milk... it was really quite yummy. :)

Then we had lunch which was a couple pineapple bratwurst (Which I dipped in mayo mixed with that bbq sauce)  SO GOOD!

For dinner I met with one of my very best friends and bridesmaid Tove. We went to Grille 26 (the awesome restaurant) again... I had steak tips with asparagus, onion and mushroom... and balsamic glaze it was very good!

Then when I got home I was still hungry and I cooked up some scrambled eggs with cheese and my favorite salsa... some of which we still have in the fridge left over from last week! :)

So that is it. I hope your day was equally pleasing. Be safe tomorrow!

Manda

1 comment:

  1. I feel you. We all start over for various reasons. Some of us cave for much less than true love. You and Ben are blessed to have each other in this journey!
    Can't wait to hear how next time goes. EAT!! And make sure you have protein and some sweet tater afterwards, too!

    ReplyDelete